Nicole Foltz Wiki – Nicole Foltz Bio
Nicole Foltz A Florida mother of five children has died after sustaining burns to nearly 100% of her body in a gruesome campfire accident in the family’s backyard that also sent her 11-year-old son to the hospital.
Nicole Foltz and her husband, Jeff, started a fire last month to keep out insects at her home in Tarpon Springs, where they were hanging out with friends, WFTS reported.
Nicole Foltz died at the age of 38 years old.
Cause of Death
Jeff said the fire went out at one point while he was going inside and Nicole was trying to get it back on.
“She had just come in and as far as I know she decided to try to keep the fire going, keep the fun going, and she put another login and there wasn’t much of a flame,” she told Fox 13 News.
“But she just, I guess, felt her throw some gasoline on it, and she would turn back on, and she did. I guess she must have traveled down the gas stream to the gas can and she exploded in her hands,” Jeff explained.
He told WFTS that his panicked wife “actually stopped, she fell and rolled like you’re supposed to.”
Despite her best efforts, she was overwhelmed by the flames and suffered burns over almost 100% of her body. She died three days after the November 14 accident.
Her 11-year-old son, Jeffrey, suffered second and third-degree burns to about 40% of his body and spent 12 days in the hospital, according to the outlet.
“I never left her side at the hospital, which is hard, especially since I feel bad for other kids there. I can see what it’s like to not have someone who can be there for you at your bedside 24/7,” Foltz told WFTS.
The boy recently returned home, where he continues to recover from his serious injuries.
“He stays pretty strong. I’m sure the whole team was very surprised to hear that two days after I got home, he was walking,” his father told Fox 13.
The tragic mother was a longtime server and manager at Tarpon Tavern, according to a GoFundMe account for the family.
“Her radiant smile of hers always filled the room. She was always there for everyone, every relative, every friend, every client, every co-worker, every birthday, every anniversary, every day for everyone,” fundraiser organizer Dan Jenkin wrote.
“Nicole will be missed, but our memories of her are everlasting,” he added.
The owner of the tavern, Ania Bozena, also remembered her beloved employee.
“She absolutely loved her work where everyone adored her not only for her hard work but also for her personality and her friendship,” she told Fox 13.
“She was a devoted wife to her amazing husband, Jeff. But she, above all, was a great mother who always put her family first,” Bozena added.
On Friday night, Tarpon Tavern and sister restaurant The Bistro donated 10% of their profits to the devastated family.
Foltz described Nicole to WFTS as “one of the best, genuine people. She had a ferocity to her. They all loved her.”
She urged people to learn and practice fire safety.
“I don’t want to read about someone else’s family having to go through this. It is unimaginable,” she told WFTS. “It’s just one of those senseless acts that you don’t expect to happen in your family…gasoline is no joke when it comes to fires. You have to be careful or just don’t do it.”
He said the family will turn the fire pit into a birdbath, which Nicole always wanted in the backyard.